Monday, June 22, 2009

Xmas Cards

Original Post: November. 26, 2008

So I already got my Xmas present from my boyfriend, and it's the popular Cricut (Create) Cutting Machine. Before, I was skeptical about it. First of all, it's expensive. The machine costs $399 and the additionaly cartridges cost $70+. The mat and the blades need to be replace and those cost moola. It's a nonstop investment. Being a somewhat an avid paper crafter, I justify not buying the machine by saying "I can seriously cut things with a pair of scissors, the way it has been done forever." Honestly, why I asked for it as a xmas present, I really have no idea.

Now that I own it, I can't do anything without it! I can't even cut a square without it (just kidding). I try to minimize the usage, so that I can preserve the blade and mat lives. Nonetheless, Christmas season is almost here, and I'll be having an early Xmas get together with my girlfriends soon. Perfect time to make some Xmas cards and experiment with this awesome machine!

First Xmas card with no Cricut Machine:


First card with the Cricut: Don Juan Cartridge (Season's Greetings); and paper tearing for the wreath


Second card with the Cricut: Opposite Attract (W's) and Don Juan (snowflakes and "...arm ... ishes"). I like the gift card pocket. Interestingly, everything matched. Not planned at all!


Third card with the Cricut: Don Juan (tea cup and steam)

No comments:

Post a Comment