Monday, June 22, 2009

House Warming Xmas Card

Original Post: December 4, 2008

I posted this card on the Cricut message board, and someone asked for instructions. I'm too surprised. On that message board, I'm like an amateur compared to the rest of the card makers! Anyways, thanks for liking my card and here's a brief description of how I made it!

.

Base cardstock:
  • 5.25" x 10.5" (so folds up to be a perfect square) - but it can be any size
Background paper:
  • 5" x 5"
House:
  • Cricut's Don Juan cartridge (shift G)
  • Used 'Old Paper' distressed ink pad and yellow ink pad and just created some color on the house
  • Taped vellum on the back for window and door
  • For the snow, I just cut up some white cardstock and had it fit onto the roof. Make a slit to fit the chimney.
  • Wreath: cut out a small circle from dark green cardstock and used a green eyelet to attach circle onto house. Tie a small bow from red embroidery floss and glue gun onto wreath.
  • Lights: Use black embroidery floss and just loosely stitch onto house. Used red and green sticker gemstones for lights.
Tree:
  • I cut out green patterned paper into square pieces with the base about 1.25" x 1.25", mid-section 1" x 1", and 0.75" x 0.75"
  • Fold each piece as follows:
  1. Fold in half "horizontal" and "vertical" and open (creates cross fold lines)
  2. Fold diagonally both ways and open (create X fold lines)
  3. Fold in the sides to make a triangle
  4. Fold in (top) left and right sides of the triangle towards the middle
  • For the snow, I traced out the tree's section triangle and ripped out the bottle. Make sure the snow triangle is bigger than the tree's section. I just stuck this triangle into the tree's triangle
  • Stack up tree+snow sections.
Snowman:
  • Cricut's Doodlecharm cartridge (blackout and shift snowman)
Ground snow:
  • I just randomly cut fluffy shapes from white cardstock and fit it the way I want it to.
For all the snow, I used a colorless embossing marker to 'wet' the edges. I used 'Stamp N Stuff' Kaleidoscope embossing powder to have that snow reflective look.

I think that's about it. Any questions?!

No comments:

Post a Comment