Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crop!!!

I went to my second crop this weekend (my first one was a few years ago, and that one made me feel weird being among married women bragging about their kids all night, and so I never went to another one again).  The crop was held at a scrapbooking store, Creative Scrapbooks.  I heard about this crop through the email newsletter and as well, an advertisement in the store.  My coworker, C, also told me she was going.  I thought why not give it another try, since I'm so behind in my scrapbooking anyways.

The crop was $65 (not including anything you want to buy from the store, so it was more like $65+) for Friday night and all of Saturday.  Usually, I'm quite against crops because I can scrapbook at home for free.  However, now with a dog, the moment I sit down, he will decide that his bladder will need to be released.  I also need to cook and do other stuff, and with all these interruptions, I could not accomplish anything (I think having kids will be worse).  This crop helped, and it was great.  Besides being talented paper crafters, the ladies of the store were also master chefs.  They cooked us awesome tasting meals, and I even got some of the recipes.  There were games and contests.  One of the draws was 'mystery bag'.  We were given six (garbage) items, and we had to use all six of the items in a project in order to enter a draw.  The objects were:
  1. rubber elastic band
  2. swirly clip
  3. paper tag
  4. black hair pin
  5. plastic pick (of some sort)
  6. feather
At first, I was like wtf am I going to make with all this crap?!  However, on my drive home on Friday night it dawned on me and ta da... my project:
I like it very much.  All the projects were displayed later and I have to say I like mine the most, not like there weren't other nice ones.  However, mine, of course, was the most colourful, brightest, and cutest (kiddish) looking.  Seriously.  The other nice ones looked really 'adult' like.  All distressed, vintage, and had a more mature stamped image. How can a gnome not outshine those?!  Too bad it wasn't a judging contest (probably didn't want to hurt anyone's egos), and I didn't win the draw.  

Can you see all the objects used?

Paper: Scraps
Techniques/Tools: rubber stamp, Prismacolor pencil crayons, Memento ink pad, flock
Embellishments: paper flower, wood flower (gift from the crop), 
Others: mystery bag items 

No comments:

Post a Comment