Thursday, December 1, 2011

Secret Santa 2011

It seems like every year I papercrafted something for my secret santa present for work. This year, I thought I will make an exception, because 1. I got a male to give a present to and 2. he doesn't seem like a guy who will appreciate handmade things. However, my present looked pretty pathetic: it was three giftcards to various fast food places near the office (he's known in the office to buy lunch daily). So, someone (not saying who) suggested that I should also print out nutritional facts from popular fast food places and binder it up as a present. Just to show him the health "benefits" of eating out daily. Sounds good, especially all the print outs and binder were from the office, and hence I didn't go over the secret santa budget of $25.
However, the white binder looked too plain and lifeless. So yes, I ended up papercrafting a cover for the binder. Sigh. I am amazed that it only took me four hours, (which included cleaning the huge mess I made in my dining room and also fighting my dog for my ruler) since I'm totally stuck on one of my layouts for over a week now! So here it is, ready for the Xmas party this weekend:

Paper: DCWV, Bazzill, scraps
Techniques/Tools: Cricut Simply Charmed, Graphically Speaking, Create a Critter, Gypsy, heat embossing
Embellishments: ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment