Monday, July 13, 2009

Lace Up Thank You Card

There has been some drama going on with my maid of honor dress. After I took my measurements, I saw the size chart she was using to put in my dress order. The dress she ordered for me had a waist-size 2 sizes too small. So I asked her, "Are you sure?!" She said since the dress is empire waist style, I don't have to worry. 
When I went for my fitting after the dress came in, it didn't fit. It zipped up, but only if I was to stand all day and not breathe! Due to the dress style, not a lot of fabric can be 'let go'. Therefore, they have to change the zipper up to a lace up back. I was so pissed. To try to make it 'not as bad', the dress lady was saying it's the trend, it's more elegant, and a lot of girls like it. 
I am not like 'a lot of girls'. I bought this $187 dress so that I can wear it more than once. Now with a lace up, it will be tougher. Plus, they were going to charge me $120 in alterations, but then discounted to $80. But my friend's mom (aka mother of the bride) helped me lower the alteration cost to $60, and offered to pay for my alterations. So therefore, I made a card for them. Obviously, its design is based on the dress.

 

Paper: Bazzill, Me and My Big Ideas, scraps
Stamps: Katie & Co
Techniques/Tools: Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers
Embellishments: eyelets, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment